10 Compelling Text Messaging Statistics Every B2C Company Needs to Know
December 3, 2021
Let’s face it—these days, the hardest part of a marketer’s job is cutting through the noise. Consumers face an endless barrage of emails, push notifications, and targeted ads that feel impersonal or even spammy. In our recent post, you learned about how we believe the future of B2C marketing is text messaging. Now, we’re back to share some compelling stats that prove exactly why text messaging needs to be a part of your marketing strategy today:
- 86% of small business owners who utilize text messaging say texting offers higher engagement than email communication.
- Consumers are 4.5x more likely to reply to an SMS marketing message than a marketing email.
- 85% of consumers prefer to receive an SMS over a voice call or an email.
- 74% of consumers said they still prefer to get help from a human rather than interacting solely with a chatbot.
- 78% of people wish they could have a text conversation with a business.
- 64% of consumers are likely to have a positive perception of companies that offer communication via text.
- 75% of clients want to receive offers via SMS.
- There is a 45% response rate for SMS messages compared to just 8% for email.
- More than 50% of consumers would prefer text messaging for customer support rather than phone calls.
- More recent studies show that 6 in 10 consumers answer texts from businesses within 5 minutes of receiving them.
So there you have it. Proof that text messaging is the future of B2C marketing and the preferred channel of the modern-day consumer.